An eight piece band with members from all over the world, Afrosonics specialise in an eclectic genre they have dubbed Afro Rock.
Heavily influenced by the African heritage of some of their members, the results are great fun, upbeat, and go down very nicely at a party.
For evidence, check out this video of a live performance from Treefort Festival in the US – you can find their music on Bandcamp:
Written by Harry Dean
What’s happening in #retail & with brands – trends for w/e 2nd October 2015 #retailtrends #retailnews #marketingweek #eventmagazine
– Moss Bros have reported a 10% increase in total sales to £61.3m for the 26 weeks to 01 August 2015. Like-for-like sales increased by 9.7% while e-commerce sales increased by 55% for the same period. Pre-tax profit increased by 44% to £2.8m.
– Ridgeway Group have reported an 18% increase in turnover to £647.7m for the year to 31 December 2014. Pre-tax profit increased by 26% to £10.3m for the same period. (Source: Motor Trader)
– ScS have reported a 13.4% increase in total sales to £276.7m for the year to 25 July 2015. Online gross sales increased by 25.4% to £8.4m for the same period.
Clothing, Footwear & Accessories
– Burberry have entered into a global partnership with Kakao, Koreas social platform, offering Korean audiences direct access to Burberrys runway shows, campaigns and events. (Source: Company Press Release)
– M&S have announced plans to open a new store at Friars Walk development in Newport on 12 November 2015. (Source: Retail Bulletin)
– Miss Sixty have announced plans to open a 3,791 sq. ft. store in Knightsbridge, London by early 2016. (Source: Drapers)
– Net-a-porter have announced that their merger with Yoox will be completed by 5 October 2015. (Source: Retail Week)
Electrical & Entertainment
– Jessops have announced plans to open a new store at Intu shopping centre in Derby by 2 October 2015. (Source: Telegraph)
Food & Drink
– Booths have launched their own blended black tea under the brand name Builders tea. (Source: Retail Times)
– Moet Hennessy has joined Diageo on the side of McLaren’s cars, with the French company securing a sponsorship tie-up for its Chandon sparkling wine brand with the Formula One team. (Source: Just Drinks)
– Majestic Wine have appointed John Colley as new Managing Director for Majestic Wine Retail, effective from 01 October 2015.In addition, the retailer has also appointed Greg Hodder as Non-Executive Director for the company. (Source: Retail Week)
– Waitrose have opened their new store and cookery school at Londons Kings Cross. Additionally, the retailer has also opened their first store in Heathfield, East Sussex. (Source: The Independent)
– John Bell and Croyden, the London Pharmacy, have set up a walk-in clinic where pharmacists will prescribe emergency medications and treatment for around 30 of the most common ailments. (Source: The Telegraph)
– Superdrug have launched a new online opticians service as a part of their expansion strategy for their health & wellbeing services. (Source: Retail Bulletin)
– Woven have announced plans to open their first standalone store at Londons Fulham Road by early October 2015. (Source: Retail Times)