- Farmfoods have reported a 14.4% decrease in sales to £694.4m for the year 2015. Pre-tax profit stood at £21.1m for the same period. (Source: Verdict)
- Jimmy Choo have reported a 9.2% increase in total revenue to £173.1m for the 6 months to 30 June 2016. Retail revenue increased by 7.6% to £107.3m while wholesale revenue increased by 10.6% to £59.6m for the same period. Licensing revenue stood at £6.2m.
- A weakening post-Brexit pound is expected to continue driving UK soft drinks exports this year after first-half sales soared by 13%, according to new figures.
Lifestyle posted its fourth positive week in succession, up by +1.70% compared to the same week last year. The result was coming off of a weak base of -4.0% for the same week a year ago. The well-publicised influx of international tourists boosted sales for gift retailers and a successful Olympics for Team GB appeared to have boosted sales for some retailers of sporting goods.
Fashion like-for-likes were down by -1.09% this week, a particularly disappointing result coming off of a weak base of -7.9% for the same week last year. 63% of respondents reported negative LFLs in a week that saw the weather decline in some areas on Friday and Saturday.
Homeware like-for-like sales were up by +8.23% this week, marking the fourth week of positive growth in a row. The result was coming off of a base of -5.6% for the same week last year. Non-store was up by +19.82% this week as the online growth story continued its successful run. However, the result did mark its lowest rate of growth for four weeks.
Fashion retailers fared considerably better online with 69% of respondents reporting positive LFL sales growth this week. For lifestyle, 62% of respondents saw positive online growth, while an impressive 83% of homeware respondents reported positive non-store sales growth this week.
Clothing, Footwear & Accessories
- The Body Shop have announced plans to open their first bricks-and-mortar store in Chile at the Plaza Egaña Mall in Santiago. (Source: Retail Week)
- Outfit have announced plans to open a 13,300 sq. ft. store in Flemingate Centre, Beverley by October 2016. (Source: Company Press Release)
- Topshop have announced that The Crated, a smart textiles start-up, is the winner of their wearable tech competition to create a product prototype. (Source: Retail Week)
- SuperGroup have opened a new store format in Manchester, showcasing premium selection of collaborative pieces that are part of a collection designed by Idris Elba. (Source: Company Press Release)
Electrical & Entertainment
- Photo-Me, worlds biggest photo-booth operator, have announced plans to acquire Asdas in-store photo business by 31 October 2016. (Source: Guardian)
Food & Drink
- Tesco have announced their decision to keep stores across London open for 24 hours in line with the new Night Tube schedule to increase convenience for late night and early morning travellers. (Source: Company Press Release)
- Beam Suntory is to roll out its Maker’s 46 Bourbon in the UK market through Maxxium UK.
- Tesco have also rolled out same-day click and collect services at 300 of their larger shops across UK. (Source: Telegraph)
- Diageo has redesigned its Gordon’s gin bottle in the UK in an effort to give the brand a more contemporary, premium look.
- Asda have launched a new Cashback Plus credit card which will pay 2% cash back on all Asda purchases including in-store, online and on fuel. (Source: Telegraph)
- Dobbies Garden centre have appointed Andrew Bracey as their new Chairman, with immediate effect. (Source: Retail Week)
- Fabb Sofas have appointed Alan Charlton as their Chief Operating Officer, with immediate effect. (Source: Retail Week)
- Ikea have opened their first order and collection point, at Dale End in Birmingham Central, UK. (Source: Company Press Release)
- John Lewis have announced plans to invest £9 million in revamping their beauty halls in several branches, as part of plans to grow their beauty business. (Source: Company Press Release)
- John Lewis have also announced plans to recruit more than 3,500 temporary staff across retail and distribution to help them cope with demand during Christmas period. (Source: Company Press Release)
- Mothercare have launched a new website as part of the companys omni-channel business strategy. (Source: Drapers)
- Mothercare have also announced collaboration with Myleene Klass for a new clothing range for new-borns to eight-year olds. (Source: Company Press Release)
- Sofa.com, furniture retailer, have announced plans to open a 7,800 sq. ft. showroom in Finneiston, Glasgow. (Source: Retail Bulletin)
- Superdrug have announced plans to open a 4,000 sq. ft. store in Flemingate centre, Beverley. (Source: Company Press Release)
Courtesy of ‘Barclays‘